The Technical Support Engineer 2 will be responsible for applying strong Windows, Networks, VMWare, SQL Server, LDAP, NAS, LAN/WAN, Scripting, and TLS, skills as well as the ability to read Java and Python to provide support remotely on a real-time basis to resolve customer reported application issues related to our world-class imaging software. This role will receive incoming customer reported issues by phone, email and web portal.
Your technical trouble shooting and problem isolation/replication skills along with your attention to detail are imperative. You will apply your education, experience, Vital Images product-specific training and use of our internal knowledgebases to ensure timely resolutions are provided to our customers. Communication, both verbal and written, are a primary job function and utilized throughout your day. You must be able to multi-task and accurately document all customer contact in our Salesforce case management system. You will ensure quick responsiveness and mission critical resolution rates are delivered. Following our “industry best practices” you will escalate to Levels 2 or 3 accordingly. Your resolution will include highly complex hardware and software technical issues including general knowledge of imaging software such as MRI’s, CT scans, X-Rays etc.
- Assist in achieving a minimum of 75% case resolution rate from Level 1 and 2 Support
- Collaborate well with all departments across the company and the globe
- In a team environment, trouble-shoot complex technology problems with emphasis on Window, logs, file permissions, command prompts, configuration of RDS, remote desktop load balancing, LDAP, Active Directory and trust relationships, and group managed service accounts.
- Install and configure SQL Server and SSMS including permissions and properties. Apply “Use” queries to view and manipulate data contained within SQL tables. Execute stored procedures and troubleshoot performance and efficiency issues with SQL Database.
- Apply knowledge of network diagnostic tools for monitoring and capturing event logs.
- Identify network bottlenecks, recommends improvement for network data movement and infrastructures issues.
- Use Dicom standards to identify data issues and communication between Dicom devices.
- Work knowledgably with customers regarding various types of hardware e.g., servers, workstations, graphics cards, configuring hardware/components, RAID concepts, Grid card concepts and monitors
- Review Network settings with Windows, Network and sharing center, device manager and recommend changes.
- Interacts with cross-functional product development, product engineering and marketing teams to ensure customer feedback is evaluated and integrated back into our product roadmap
- Author knowledge base articles to help standardize problem resolution steps and procedures for resolving common or unique issues
- Records all customer call activity in Vital Images call tracking database (Salesforce) differentiating between product complaints (defects) and non-complaints in accordance with FDA guidelines
- Identify complaints that constitute potential hazards and bring them to the attention of Customer Support Management per Vital Images procedures
- Assists with hardware support to customers and functions as a liaison between the system manufacturer and the customer when needed
- Limited travel may be required on short notice to a customer site to resolve issues directly
- Will field inbound support ACD phone calls, emails and web portal inquires/reported issues
- Technical Support Engineers may be required to work on-call after hours
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Knowledge and/or experience with, Windows, storage, networking, SQL, VMWare, Network monitoring tools, various scripting, Java and/or Python, TLS, and Tomcat
- Dependable and reliable with a strong work ethic
- Professional phone manner and presence along with superior written and verbal communication skills, including call tracking database entry, information sharing among peers, and customer relationship management
- Strong customer service orientation and positive attitude toward issue resolution and data gathering
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of complex VMWare concepts
- General ability to read Java and Python, analyze crash dumps, faulty code settings, locate problem code in repository
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Basic understanding of Tomcat and VIPS Redirect, how to install and how they generally work
- Capable of comfortably troubleshooting customer issues while having insufficient data or lack of completely correct information
- Experience and/or knowledge of case management (Salesforce, Jira) and knowledge base tools (Confluence, SharePoint) preferred
- Experience with supporting software systems and the integration of such systems into existing networks preferred
- Innovative and creative for problem resolution
- Ability to utilize tools for remote access into customer systems e.g., Bomgar, to trouble shoot, identify root cause, make recommendations and solve issues
- Some knowledge of medical imaging e.g., CT Scans, MRI’s X-Rays etc. preferred.