Technical Support Engineers provide 24x7x365 support to CEFD customers, working on a shift schedule. Technical Support Engineers provide first level technical support, with responsibility for receiving all incoming customer requests for technical support via phone, email, and the customer web portal. Technical Support Engineers provide initial troubleshooting with the customer.
• Participate in a shift duty schedule in support of 24x7x365 operations.
• Monitors and responds to all incoming email, telephone, and customer Portal requests in a timely manner.
• Maintains all open tickets, providing continual ticket updates to the customer, and ensuring that tickets are updated regularly.
• Escalate critical or high priority issues immediately to the next Tier of support.
• Provides technical support to our customers, leading and directing troubleshooting activities and resolving product related issues including the following:
• Product configuration and usage.
• Product networking/IP configuration
• Perform system level testing and verification of potential release codes when time permits.
• Document test results and communicate findings to developers. Relay any technical documentation errors.
• Provide input for test procedures and test verification for internal and customer use.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience in the field of data networking, with a high-level awareness of typical applications of major IP networking technologies, including the understanding of LAN/WAN technologies such as IP routing (including switches, routers, VoIP gateways, fire walls, VPN concentrators), VoIP, VPN, QOS, file streaming.
• IP protocols (including TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, IPSec, Telnet).
• Communication and analytical skills (excellent command of the English language is required).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Understanding of the satellite communications and RF equipment.
• Fluency in an additional language other than English (spoken and written)
• Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE), or equivalent
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• BSEE/BSCS or equivalent technical training, or an equivalent of four (4) years of related experience.