We are looking for Technical Support for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Technical Support
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract
- This position provides day-to-day level-1technology operational support within the client office under direction of the Director.
- This includes end user support of election and voting system applications.
- Provides support and assistance in maintaining the department?s election ballot building operations, and coordination of equipment testing.
- Works withInfrastructure and Applications teams on application and networktroubleshooting and system testing and deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and Manage all testing and return of system components received from repair
- Sets up Department staff on required applications working together with the Infrastructure and Applications team.
- Support all activities of the ballot building team and provide assistance where necessary
- Works to maintain current inventory of all equipment used statewide.
- Support the roll out of Elections related initiatives throughout the client
- Shows persistence and seeks alternatives when obstacles arise; seeks alternative solutions; identifies and involves appropriate internal or external expertise when appropriate;
- Works proactively, addressing things before being forced to by events; accommodates new methods and procedures.
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with users and peers.
- Associates?degree in a technical curriculum, or
- At least three years of recent relevant experience in an IT or software supportexperience.
- Knowledge of desktops, laptops and mobile devices, as well as network equipment.
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Exchange/Active Directory.
- Demonstrated problem resolution and task management skills.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Some travelrequired (primary within the state of Georgia)
- One-year hardware/software experience in a support capacity required.
- CompTIA A+ and MCP ? Microsoft Certified Professional Current certification required? or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- MCSA ? Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator.
- MCSE ? Microsoft