GEICO is seeking a Supervisor of Software Engineering who will lead a team of software engineers to design, develop, and support a portfolio of applications that are critical to our success. We’re not just looking for a technical leader. We’re looking for engineering leaders who are interesting in teaching and mentoring others. In a given day, our Engineering Leaders can be coaching our team members on best practices and also working through the design of microservices.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of object-oriented development, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, Microservices, Dependency Injection with IOC containers, and both frontend and backend unit testing.
- Four plus years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required.
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum is preferred.
- Passionate about software development and reimagining insurance.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills is a must.
- Looking for extreme ownership, responsibility, and initiative.
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead a team of software engineers.
- Passionate about mentoring and coaching team members.