What you'll do:
- Lead on technical program management for entire Canada product roadmap, including: Scoping and setting near- and long-term goals and OKRs. Driving on-time delivery of every product launch. Identifying any risks or blockers along with solutions to get back on track.
- Lead on go-to-market planning for all new markets, including: Leading the complex, cross-functional efforts to launch, ensuring timely and successful execution. Hands-on responsibilities during and through launch to ensure success of newly formed country teams, especially through first 6 months of operations. Deep involvement of hiring and crafting team culture for new product and engineering teams.
- Directly handle third-party platform relationships, for example, for Localization
- Craft and run critical team infrastructure for all markets, building off of core Credit Karma systems and methodologies that exist. These areas include: Culture building for each country’s product and engineering team as well as the International team overall. Metrics & reporting infrastructure so that the International Analytics team can achieve maximum scale and impact. Communications channels from the our team out to the rest of Credit Karma. Cross-pollination of information on product roadmaps, experiment results, and other lessons learned between the broader company and our team.
- Build the operating models for each of our Country teams and our broader International team partner successfully with other teams such as Security, Infrastructure & Platform, Legal & Compliance, Member Support, etc.
- Be the first of what will be a growing team of Technical Program Managers for International, including the opportunity to directly hire and develop this team over time.
What's phenomenal about it:
- You’ll build something that has the potential to positively affect millions of people around the world
- The work you do will have significant impact and visibility across Credit Karma
- This role brings the best of both worlds: the experience of growing early-stage products and businesses with the support of a successful later-stage internet company
- Credit Karma is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply; This is especially true on our International team where each of us should have empathy for members, partners and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
What we expect:
- Interest and excitement in our mission of enabling financial progress, especially internationally
- 8+ years of related experience, including technical program management, operations, engineering or product management
- Track record of success in driving wholly new, large scale product launch plans
- Deep understanding of program management methodologies with prove ability to adapt to unique team needs and objectives
- Ability to critically observe operational results (both good and bad) to make independent recommendations and decisions about how to improve
- Ability to create a shared team culture and get results directly or indirectly, especially across diverse cross-functional teams
- Professional experience leading projects across multiple remote locations, ideally internationally
- Experience working hands-on with product and engineering teams in both smaller startup and large company environments
- High level of proficiency in technical understanding and working directly with engineers to anticipate operational risks and tackle problems
- Ideally experience managing teams directly
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university required; Master’s degree is preferred