Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
Google Technical Services: Professional Services team provides deep and specialized technical consulting for emerging products across Google’s Ad products. Our team consists of sharp, analytical minds who enjoy solving complex, strategic, operational, and technical challenges for the world's largest advertisers.
As a Technical Specialist, for Search you'll be responsible for providing hands-on technical expertise on emerging technologies that are used for mobile sites, web analytics, and measurement and attribution. You are a technologist who can build relationships with both technical and non-technical partners. You can architect solutions that leverage Google technology to help meet your client’s business goals, and then lead implementations that span multiple products. You will also work closely with sales teams to monitor our products’ performance, develop solutions that address their needs, and identify new opportunities to grow Google's search business. You will also recognize opportunities for process improvements and automation that makes our team’s more efficient.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Architect and deliver innovative solutions for mobile sites, web analytics, and ad measurement and attribution.
- Perform implementation reviews and product mix analysis, advocate for new product features, and assist clients in adopting these features via upgrades and migrations, including documentation and technical guidance to ensure successful technical implementations.
- Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of any technical challenges.
- Improve product offerings by providing client feedback on features to Google Product Managers and Engineers.
- Review current processes and design/develop tools, processes, and workflows to increase team productivity/efficiency.
- 3 years of experience working with internet products and technologies.
- Experience with web analytics, and ad measurement and attribution.
- Background in one or more of the following areas: Angular.js, SQL, web frameworks and/or Python.
- Knowledge of the tools, technologies used by web developers, and the challenges they face.
- Ability to translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Effective consultative skills, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.