We are looking for Technical Specialist for our client in Raleigh, NC
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Provides an understanding and knowledge of applications serving as a strong base for technical expertise in products and programs.
- Ability to work independently to analyze customer's needs and resolve technical problems; manage time to meet schedules; prioritize tasks according to customer needs; communicate highly technical information to non-technical users; troubleshoot hardware and software problems involving local area networks and personal computer systems; manage critical incidents, identify problems, make necessary corrections, and/or assist others with resolutions.
- Supports end user password resets.
- Instructs users via phone and/or email on the basic functionality of desktop applications.
- Follows detailed procedures while making recommendations for routine problem solutions.
- Takes calls from end users verifying their identity, demographics and communicating effectively to understand their request.
- Enters information into the ServiceNow call tracking system and monitors to ensure customer service needs are met for all computer and network related issues.
- Distributes Agency-wide email communications and notices related to technology issues.
- Proactively promotes positive customer relationships and mentors others to ensure client satisfaction and organizational success.
- Takes ownership of customer problems and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems.
- Provides updates on work progress to the customer and others using call tracking system.
- Has significant technical knowledge and serves as a resource for others to help solve complex problems.
- Skilled in different types of computer hardware, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols and communications.
- Stays abreast of current technology in a changing environment.
- Identifies emerging trends and issues, researches and makes suggestions for technical solutions to solve current and future problems.
- Uses extensive knowledge to develop and/or implement information technology solutions to enhance organizational success.
- Works with Data Center Operations with user file server data storage, network reservations, data restores, various account creations and modifications (AD, email, NCID, CITRIX, etc.).
- Works with application development teams to identify application issues at the customer level and provide technical detail in order for development teams to accurately identify problems within applications.
- Works with networkinfrastructure teams to identify network issues at the customer level and provide significant technical detail to assist in network hardware resolutions.
- Project Management -Ability to lead projects that require directing the work of others and with some latitude on actions or decisions.
- Leads team efforts and assesses and integrates the skills and strengths of individuals for project and organizational success.
- Provides status on project work to management.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for all responsible areas - This position is responsible for creating and maintaining all documentation of process and procedures for all areas this position is responsible for.
- This documentation is to be used by team members for operational standards of daily work.
- This documentation will also be used in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (IT internal) and Service Level Agreements (IT external).
- All documentation should be reviewed annually.
- System Security - It is the responsibility of all Technical Services Staff to be aware of client and ITS security policies, as well as the security issues directly affecting the systems and technology for which this position is directly involved.
- This position is responsible for implementing requirements of the IT Security Office and protecting data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or usage in a manner inconsistent with covered IT Security Policies and standards.
- Demonstrates a range of technical understanding to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues on software and/or hardware
- Ability to identify trends and makes suggestions for technical modifications to solve future problems.
- Ability to consult with clients and other IT professionals to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction
- Ability to document solutions that solve client problems and clearly presents these solutions.
- Analysis of technical and user documentation for technical assistance and support.
- Ability to work independently on tasks, develops own work, schedule and monitors progress against defined parameters.
- Demonstrates a customer orientation and effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates initiative in solving problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Demonstrates knowledge and a working experience with ServiceNow call tracking system.