Technical Specialist - Optical Test Lab
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for all phases of the optical metrology process, including wavefront and radius measurements and the recording and review of measured data.
- Participate in set-up, alignment, inspection, and maintenance of optical test setups
- Perform visual surface inspection of all optical components to ISO/MIL standards
- Use standard laboratory instrumentation such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power-supplies, general optical bench equipment, optical sensors and detectors, and data acquisition hardware/software to perform measurements and collect data.
- Conduct peer-reviewed analyses of data using basic math skills.
- Provide written documentation on findings as required by the specific tasks assigned.
- Assist the laboratory support staff in tracking high-value hardware and instrumentation to include classification and inventory of high-value optical components.
- Follow EHS (environmental health and safety) processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Cross-train with other tasks across the organization.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule, while being flexible enough to work with changing needs of the lab environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma and 12 or more years of experience or a 2-year technical degree and 10 or more years of experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated history of following through.
- Effective communications and regular interaction with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written communication skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required