We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Technical Specialist to focus on Dyes for our Textile Effects Division located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
As a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving at customer locations to support business needs.
What will be expected from you?
- Provide technical service support to customers and conduct field trials of new and/or modified products to demonstrate our technology/products which result in the successful sales by our commercial staff to increase the value of our business.
- Ability to work together in a group setting with both technical and non-technical personnel at customers or within the business groups to define a program and/or problem and provide potential solutions.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Perform product trials at selected customers.
- Assess customer needs and translate it into potential innovation projects.
- Deliver technical knowledge and expertise to support customer needs.
- Visit customers frequently in order to meet customer needs and capture potential market.
- Promote current product offerings through knowledge dissemination.
- Communicate customer feedback to the business leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Textiles, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 5+ years of specific textiles experience or 10+ years directly related textile experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of experience / knowledge of dyeing techniques of all fibers / fabrics. Emphasis in synthetic dyeing technology; especially polyester blends with cotton, elastane, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to match shades, recommend dye combinations for shade matching, good understanding of dye classes and utilization of DataColor shade matching software is required.
- Good understanding of market and customer needs. Good communication skills are required. English as first language; Spanish speaking would be a plus. Otherlanguages skills are an asset. PC literacy – skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point.