Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Technical Specialist/Task Manager to work in a technical and task management support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Greenville, South Carolina office.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare technically accurate documents as independently as possible, while adhering to project scopes and budgets.
- Work with and support Project Managers on all aspects of the project to address client goals and objectives.
- Supervise diverse project teams and provide meaningful technical guidance and mentoring to lower level staff.
- Perform field investigations and construction monitoring, working directly with subcontractors and constructors.
- Reduce, analyze, manage and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data.
- Contribute to proposals and cost estimates.
- Prepare reports and other client deliverables.
- Oversee the safe execution of all phases of projects to meet the client's objectives as well as company goals for revenue generation and profitability.
- Build and maintain trusted client relationships.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in civil, environmental, or geological engineering with an emphasis in hydrogeology is strongly preferred (8 years experience)
- Master's degree in Civil/Environmental/Geologic Engineering highly preferred ( 5 years experience)
- Must have a minimum of 8 years' experience including the preparation of engineering packages and supporting engineering analysis/consulting for site civil development and environmental remediation
- Project management of soil contamination delineation investigations is a plus
- A past background with the in-field construction of civil engineering/site development/waste management projects is a plus.
- Possess project management capabilities and experience to effectively work with multi-discipline technical teams and projects.
- Ability to succeed in a team-oriented environment, interfacing with a variety of different groups, to accomplish project objectives.
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Excellent thinking, written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, as well as AutoCAD Civil3D
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
- Ability to travel throughout the continental US, at least 25%.