We are looking for Technical Specialist for our client in Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Technical Specialist
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Experienced database and data management professional with experience in data migration and ETL processes.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs database design and optimization.
- Performs data migration and transition tasks.
- Works with the web & application development team in designing and refining the final solution architecture for data migration for the Operational Data Store.
- In conjunction with the Director for Web & Application Development
- Creates project plans for the project, detailing the expected level of effort and time required.
- Executes project plans by properly communicating plan to the team and any other appropriate members.
- Works on transitioning or eliminating legacy applications/platforms.
- Assesses production system for potential optimizations for improved security, stability and/or performance.
- 8 or more years of experience directly related to designing, implementing, migrating and/or deploying relational databases and data-related systems.
- 6 or more years of experiencescripting in a modern programming language, preferably Python in a Linux environment.
- Experience directly related to designing, implementing, migrating and/or deploying relational databases and data-related systems.
- Experience scripting in a modern programming language, preferably Python in a Linux environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Deep and broad experience with major relational database, specifically MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Deep and broad experience with ETL tasks, in a Python scripting environment.
- Ability to design and develop technical long-term solutions that will be eventually
- consumed or fed into by all the data sources/streams of the College
- Experience with developing system and user documentation
- Ability to interact with technical resources within the College and with technical
- vendors/consultants to design and build data and integration solutions
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret policies, research and compare alternative solutions
- Ability to efficiently manage time and organize work