Lenovo has developed and has best in class solutions partnerships creating unrivaled hardware and software solutions in the Storage, Software Defined Storage, Networking, Converged and Hyper-converged solutions space. By combining industry-leading reliability of Lenovo enterprise systems, with market-leaders in the enterprise space, Lenovo delivers greater efficiency and agility to data centers worldwide. The Lenovo NA Solutions Sales Team is a team of sellers withdiverse sales skills across data center technologies and solutions.
We are looking for an aggressive self-starter Technical Solutions Sales Engineers to join our sales team. You are responsible for ensuring the technical success of Lenovo’s Cloud platform withcustomers and channel partners. You must have a drive to develop new accounts and new use cases, and we will ensure you receive unrivaled support from engineering, marketing, and product development to exceed your sales goals.
To compete effectively for the next generation data center, specific consultative sales expertise is required in data center technologies, including Storage Solutions; Networking Solutions; Software Defined Storage; Converged Solutions; Hyperconverged Solutions; Cloud Offerings and complex /multi-element solutions.
Successful candidates will be leading the success of Lenovo account teams in selling specific data center solutions in a consultative fashion related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota. Excellent consultative selling, technology selling, presentation, and communication skills are a must (Servers, Applications, Storage, Network, and Convergence). This position will cover accounts in commercial sector and work with Lenovo’s vast partner community in the designated territory.
Essential Job Functions
• Drive to revenue and profit sales objectives for Lenovo’s data center solutions business
• Demonstrate business transformation and solution-selling approach.
• Be the trusted advisor for customers and partners as they look to adopt cloud platforms; build relationships with your counterparts at customers and partners
• Demonstrate technical leadership of IT infrastructure including siloed, converged, and hyperconverged architectures
• Work with end users to run evaluations, benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations, and migrations.
• Be a subject matter expert for one of our supported applications:
o Big Data (e.g., Splunk, Hadoop)
o General-purpose Windows workloads
O General-purpose Linux workloads
• Collaborate closely with engineering and product management to define product requirements and usability.
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum 10 years of experience supporting sales of enterprise storage, networking, virtualization, or systems solution to large enterprise accounts
• Minimum of 7- 10 years of proven sales success in data center technologies including server, storage, applications, and networking.
• Thorough understanding of architecture, design, and implementation of modern IT systems
• Comfort within a Linux environment (RHEL or Debian)
• Ability to script with Python, Perl, and/or Powershell
• 5+ years of experience in any three of the following infrastructure technologies:
o Storage, including array based replication (e.g., Pure, EMC, NetApp)
o VMware virtualization, including vCloud Director, vRealize, vSAN, and VXRail
o Microsoft HyperV and Azure Stack
o Networking: Cisco CCNA / CCNP, Arista, Mellanox
o RedHat: RHEL 6.x and/or 7.x, RHVE
o Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
o Deploying Applications in Amazon AWS
o Disaster Recovery Capability with RHEL, RecoveryPoint, VMware SRM, Azure Stack, and/or Storage replication
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
• Superior communication (verbal and written); listening and presentation skills
• Passion and drive to work in a transforming and collaborative environment
• Extensive regional travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.