Technical Solutions Engineer (Boston, MA)
Verily is a Google/Alphabet company with a mission to make the world’s health data useful so people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We work at the intersection of technology, data, and healthcare, combining expertise in medicine, engineering, computer science, hardware and more to create interventions that improve patient care. We are looking for people who want to work on mission driven, cross functional, fast moving teams.
One critical component of Verily’s strategy is our work to create a Health Platform focused on improving patient outcomes and lowering costs. Our Health Platforms’ products are designed to advance value-driven care (paying for outcomes), and shifting from reactive and episodic to proactive and preventative care. The latest addition to this platform is Healthy at Work, which integrates COVID-19 testing, symptom screening, population analytics and ongoing safety controls to help organizations operationalize their plans to return to work and campus.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Project Baseline, the quest to map human health beginning with a 10,000 person observational study; Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to eradicate mosquito-borne disease with Sterile Insect Technique. For more information, please visit our website.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a customer/partner’s integration with Healthy at Work by providing technical guidance and necessary documentation, and setting up configurations as necessary.
- Work with customers/partners to integrate their health data, ensuring data quality and integrity, and adhering to security standards necessary to maintain the privacy of health data.
- Develop technical tools and documentation to expedite partner implementation, and improve operational scaling and product serviceability with Engineering.
- Provide high touch technical subject matter expertise with partners for partner education, technical troubleshooting, and support within defined service level agreements.
- Define and prioritize new product features and tools requests required to improve processes and performance.
- BA/BS degree in CS or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Familiarity with modern software architectures and the ability to understand how a product works on a technical level.
- Experience working with one or more of the following program languages: Python, Java, .Net, and/or Go.
- Experience using SQL while working with datasets
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with regulated software products in the healthcare/life sciences space.
- Experience designing and building scalable and robust data pipelines.
- Experience with public cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and/or Azure.
- Experience working with external partners or developers.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
- Experience identifying business needs, defining, and building technical solutions to address business requirements in a startup environment.
- Ability to pull data from various sources and provide insights on that data.