The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will combine software development, networking, and systems administration expertise with an aptitude for technical advising, troubleshooting and analysis. You will work across multiple customer-facing teams to improve the product's vision and to make global businesses and organizations successful. You are a technical solutions expert, helping Googlers and customers approach and resolve technology problems and design Google-scale services.
Engineering great support with our Cloud TSE team
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Diagnose and resolve customer problems for Google Cloud Platform products; Engineer and implement new operations, productivity and investigation tools to increase efficiency for Technical Solutions Engineering.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Product Managers, Software Engineering teams, Sales Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and Strategic Customer Engineers to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the product's vision.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying hardware and software architectures, to build in-product self-service solutions.
- Work closely with multiple Product Management and Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the product, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive production excellence.
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Product Management and Software Engineering and develop innovative ways to resolve issues.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of industry experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering or systems engineering.
- Experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL database administration, Google App Engine, cloud networking solutions and/or distributed computing technology.
- Experience developing web applications with Python, Go or Java.
- Strong network administration and troubleshooting skills; good understanding of Linux system administration.
- Strong understanding of web development protocols (i.e. HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols along the way.
- Outstanding account management, follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.