We are seeking a Technical Solutions Architect for immediate hire. In this role you will function in a highly technical pre-sales environment, creating technical solutions to solve business problems for global enterprises.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert throughout the sales process. Owning and managing various pre-sales activities – including technical presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concept projects.
- Collaborate with the Sales team, jointly owning the sales cycle and account plan.
- Help to drive deeper & wider into the account – identifying requirements for additional resources from other departments within the customer, customer alternatives (i.e. other means of handling their current requirements), and potential internal sponsors.
- Understand and document customer business & technical requirements and use them to create value based proposals, addressing business drivers & pain points – guiding the technical sales cycle towards a technical close & a business win.
- Build and increase Riverbed’s relevance with customers by qualifying customer’s needs, desired outcomes & benefits and positioning the breadth of the Riverbed Solution portfolio in context to it.
- Cross-sell / Up-sell: Identify and execute relevant sales plays, pipeline development initiatives and PS offerings.
- Interface with Product Management to relay market demands from prospects/customers.
- Build strong relationships with key contacts in the partner ecosystem. Work with Channel Sales team to build and strengthen relationships with partners; Oversee product and solutions training and enablement of the partner ecosystem so that they can be leveraged to help drive opportunities to technical close.
- Experience in a pre-sales role, with a deep understanding of enterprise sales cycles and various selling strategies.
- Extensive IT experience; Strong knowledge in one (or more) of the following: Network Performance Management, Application Performance Management, and/or End User Experience Monitoring. Depth of operating knowledge across these areas may vary, but successful candidates will be able to describe and differentiate Riverbed solutions across the portfolio.
- Riverbed product experience plus relevant experience and/or in key competitor offerings in technological area of emphasis.
- Proven technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
- Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track IT projects to successful closure.
- Relevant competitive knowledge, including: industry, technologies and product offerings, evolving technologies, and threats.
- Understanding of Microsoft/Amazon cloud based platforms.
- Advanced industry certifications (e.g. CCIE/CCDP, VTSP, AWS) desired.
- Resides in the targeted geography w/local relationships in both customers and partners support business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Able to travel 35% - 50% throughout targeted geography.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or related area is preferred.
Req No. 2017-4159