If you are energized by the opportunity to drive growth globally, engage with customers and decision makers, and pioneer new Service Assurance and Network Automation solutions in the telecommunications market, this role is for you.
Spirent's Life Cycle Service Assurance (LSA) team is growing and developing as it seeks to meet market demands. This exciting change and evolution require a strong and creative Solution Manager to drive the strategy, positioning and customer communications for Spirent's VisionWorks Mobile Service Assurance portfolio. As the Solution Manager, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders including customers, sales, product management and engineering to champion initiatives that significantly affect the direction of the product line and business unit.
The ideal candidate for this role understands the industry changes which are taking place in Service Assurance of Mobile Networks and network automation and can clearly articulate to internal and external stakeholders. These skills should be coupled with commercial acumen and a focus on business execution.
- Business Administration ideally with B.Eng, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience; Business Degree preferred.
- 10+ years in product marketing, product management experience in telecommunications / data communications industry with emphasis on network service assurance.
- Specialist in marketing mobile network Service Assurance and/or network performance management systems.
- Strong knowledge of 3G, 4G and 5G mobile networking technologies including RAN, Backhaul and Core.
- Strong knowledge of network automation and virtualization.
- Experience in defining customer business cases and use cases.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong networking background, specifically in Service Provider networks and services.
- Solid experience working with Tier 1 and 2 Service Provider, NEMS and MSO's.
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Working understanding of the Agile Development Process desired.
- Experience and understanding of Cloud Native design principles preferred.
- Solid experience working with Tier 1 and 2 Service Providers and MSO's preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of new technologies including SDN/NFV desired.
- Serve as the mobile network service assurance expert, consultative resource and evangelist for Spirent's service assurance solutions.
- Work with Sales early in the sales cycle to Identify and capture customers' material economic problems and technical requirements and convert them into business cases and customer proposals for Spirent solutions.
- Foster relationships and collaboration with clients to establish Spirent's leadership in meeting complex customer service assurance and network automation requirements.
- Support the business through collaboration with product management on proposals, statement of work and other key documentation.
- Position Spirent's Solutions through re-usable documents, business models, methodologies, and artifacts, and train the sales team in this approach to better scale the business.
- Act as a subject matter expert for sales teams and provide business and technical expertise in competitive situations.
- Work closely with customers from Engineers to C-Level to define, analyze, and design appropriate business and technical solutions to meet the customer's business and financial objectives.
- Provide input on roadmap deliverables to the product management team.
- Represent Spirent industry forums and events.
- Maintain the competitive intelligence database for the solution area.
- Travel up to 50%.