The Technical Solution Advisor is accountability for defining high value client software solutions that leverage Experian products, data and services as well as fostering long term relationships with clients. He/she gathers client requirements, defines the solution concept, estimates the level of effort to deliver, presents the high level design and estimates to clients, works with the project team to document low level design and ultimately is responsible for delivering the solution. This person must have the ability to influence clients, the sales organization, the project team, product management and the Experian enterprise. The Technical Solution Advisor is responsible for the solution functionality, usability, overall effort required to deliver and client satisfaction.
This individual will frequently present at client meetings and occasionally at conferences. The Technical Solution Advisor will be measured with a set of Key Performance Indicators which encompass, but are not limited to actual versus estimated effort to deliver, customer satisfaction, revenue and revenue growth, new sales attainment and cost control.
• Act as a technical lead and industry expert for solutions that involve the integration of products and services across multiple Experian business units.
• Work with clients to define and document the business problem and solution requirements in the area of specialization. Facilitate client requirements gathering/design meetings and present to stakeholders at all levels including executives.
• Collaborate with SMEs from other specializations to author solution design documents tailored to individual client requirements.
• Translate business requirements in to technical requirements.
• Development and maintenance of database query, analytical tools and metrics.
• Direct the activities of cross-functional departments during planning, development, testing, and implementation of custom software solutions.
• Act as liaison for sales, delivery and IT to ensure adequate scope definition, accurate effort estimate generation and develop externally facing artifacts as needed.
• Contribute to project planning phase by identifying required resource skill set, task dependencies and risks. Assists with ongoing scope management.
• Duties and tasks show substantial variety and complexity, but could include the development of both business and technical assessment, risk assessment, project meetings, business requirements and detailed effort estimates.
• Works on complex problems requiring an evaluation of intangible variables. Exercises independent judgment to obtain results.
• Up to 30% travel required and occasional after hours support/ work.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical degree
• Minimum of 7 years in the financial industry or software delivery experience
• Minimum of 5 years in a technical environment including application development and testing
• Development skills with databases (SQL, ORACLE, DB2, etc.)
• Knowledge of application development services using the following technologies (Java, SQL, Oracle, XML, Web Services, etc.)
• Excellent client facing and presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Experian solutions and/ or competitor solutions preferred
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies