If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for supervising and overseeing all aspects of Technical services engineers including call center help desk, warranty labor invoice process, FFS PRO Verify work flows and FFS PRO Live training event support by Technical Service engineering team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages the activities and projects of assigned service staff
o Major marketer support and assignment of Technical Service Engineers to major marketers.
o Escalation of issues experienced by major marketers.
o FFS PRO Verify Work Flow and escalations and issue resolution.
* Drafts technical letters and letter addressing warranty claim issues as necessary.
* Works with internal and external customers to resolve issues pertaining to but not limited to warranty and technical matters.
* Provide technical support and resources to team and ensures knowledge level sufficient to support technical trouble shooting on all product lines.
* Contributes to creation of FFS PRO training material and technical bulletins.
* Manages travel and training schedule for technical service department with coordination of Director, Global Technical Services as needed.
* Resolves customers technical problems
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Supervises non-supervisory employee(s)
* Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
* Writes routine reports and correspondence.
* Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with venders, internal and external customers, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
* Works with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
* Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram functions.
* Read and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions.
* Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to moderate degree.
* Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines)
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business or a related technical field (required)
* Three to five years of experience in a technical or tech support environment (preferred)
* Retail petroleum related experience (preferred)
* One to three years of supervisory experience (required)
* Advanced: operating systems, CAD software, spreadsheet, word processing/typing, database
* Basic: Alphanumeric data entry
* Uses complex software as required and may at times hold administrative responsibilities that will require a strong understanding of internet protocol, minor database management, ability to upload and down load files, use multiple internet browsers.
* Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
* While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
o Continually required to sit.
o Regularly required to reach with hands or fingers, handle, or feel; kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
o Occasionally required to stand or walk.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visions, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
* This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.