Technical Services Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
DP is hiring a Manager — Technical Support Services. In this position you will beresponsible for all aspects ofinternal IT support for National Accounts Division. This includesLAN Administration, Help Desk, PC Support and Microsystems. Plans, organizes, sets direction, establishes priorities, develops processes, assigns accountability and measures results to ensure that timely, high quality IT services and support are provided to NAS departments and BU’s.
Manages the activities of approximately 15-20 technical staff with 2-4 assigned team leads. Develops and coaches staff, promotes teamwork, professionalism, assesses performance, administers salary, appraisals and budget. Builds rapport and business relationships with supported departments and BU’s, to understand their needs and priorities and to deliver effective service solutions.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Plans, directs and manages the activities of Help Desk/PC Support, LAN Administration and Microsystems staff.
- Maintains systems to ensure that work requests are accurately logged, tracked and followed up for timely completion, and that users are kept informed as to the status of their tickets.
- Develops metrics and tracks performance of PC Support team.
- Monitors activities for trends, issues and to help identify common problems and address their resolution.
- Meets or exceeds established Service Levels.
- Surveys user staff and solicits feedback to measure user satisfaction as to the timeliness, professionalism, competency and effectiveness of services provided.
- Sets direction for development of PC software images for supported staff, including Division and Sales.
- Uses resources effectively, involved with project planning and establishing priorities.
- Verifies that processes are in place for timely release of software updates, fixes, patches and new releases and that quality controls are effective.
- Manages all aspects of the deployment of new PC hardware and software to supported areas.
- Manages the ordering, installation, configuration, upgrades and support of server hardware and software.
- Develops effective IT solutions for supported business units.
- Provides technical analysis and consultation on server configuration, resolves issues regarding LAN connectivity, operability, and equipment.
- Works closely with end users and business contacts to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Provides continual communication and coordination of functional activities to other departments to ensure effective associate support.
- Provides training and directs technical support to users regarding software, hardware and service issues. Interfaces with vendors to implement products or resolve service issues.
- Manages software and licensing compliance.
- Assists in inventory collection of installed software for audit compliance.
- Works with ES IT counterparts to implement ADP infrastructure standards, products and procedures.
- Diagnoses, evaluates, and troubleshoots server and network problems.
- Proactively reviews that all systems and structures are stable, reliable and redundant
- Maintains infrastructure hardware, software and business applications to ensure system availability for the computing environment.
- Ensures all systems are adequately backed up for onsite and offsite recovery.
- Develops and maintains a site Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Manages data security through account ID’s, remote access, passwords, authentication controls, anti-virus updates and virus remediation for the organization.
- Defines functional area objectives, budgets, project plans, work schedules and deliverables for group.
- Conducts staff reviews, develops staff training plans and performs staff salary administration.
- Communicates with direct management on ongoing status, milestones, successes and project risks.
- Looks for opportunities to add value, enhance service and performance.
- Keeps current on applicable technologies, new opportunities and potential issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years technical experience, preferrably in support/call center environment.
- 3-5 years experience in systems integration or data center.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience.
- Very good at planning, organizing and controlling results.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar degree, or the equivalent in education and experience.
PREFERREDQUALIFICATIONS:Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Thorough knowledge/background in Windows/Intel architecture.
- Strong knowledge/experience in LAN/server environment.
Software in the Cloud. Experts on the Ground:
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.