Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will enhance our clients' journey around data virtualization by delivering expert troubleshooting, in-depth technical knowledge, comprehensive training, and world-class support.
As a Technical Services Engineer inside the Denodo product support team your core mission is to provide high quality technical assistance to our clients and partners so that they meet their business needs through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo's data virtualization capability.
At the same time, you will understand and learn about the complexity of data integration implemented solutions by customers becoming a Denodo Platform and data virtualization expert.
The projects that will need your support include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of multiple data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, and support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavors of your future projects.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
In this position, you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills and client communication between clients, partners and internalDenodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Diagnose and resolve client inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Manage client support cases on a daily basis.
- Respond to client-reported issues in a timely manner and/or per service level agreements.
- Communicate progress of resolution and status in a timely fashion and/or per service level agreements.
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help clients and other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Engage clients in the product configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Identify situations where professional services may be warranted
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Follow established support processes and procedures.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements and issues.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Coordinate team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working onthe right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Denodo teams.
Boise, ID, USA
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice. Please note, our interview process will test your proficiency.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or computer systems.
- Good knowledge of software development and architectural patterns.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks.
- Creativity finding root cause to issues and providing solutions.
- Technical background.
- Active listener.
- Team worker.
- Good written/verbal communication skills for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends when needed for on-call periods.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture and application development and infrastructure.
- Understanding of data integration flavors.
- Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs (e.g. JSON), experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, Git), authentication systems (e.g. LDAP, Kerberos, SAML).
- Experience in Big Data, NoSQL, and InMemory environments is welcome.
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.