Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Technical Services / Compliance Documentation Department Manager - WPB
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for management of department tasking, compliance, staffing, and maintenance of technical and non-technical AUTEC documentation and forms for PAE and Navy/NUWC. Manage all Technical Services /Compliance regulations and documentation. Manage department travel services, photography, drafting, multimedia services, and Training Services on the AUTEC project.
- Must be able to Manage Department and provide guidance to staff along with workload
- factors, employee evaluations and time card approvals.
- Manager must be able to effectively communicate reporting all Technical/Compliance issue
- to the senior manager.
- Manage and oversee research, review, and edit documents for consistency, logical flow, organization, grammar/spelling/technical accuracy, and compliance with OSHA/NAVOSH and other government regulatory authorities.
- Manage and ensure all AUTEC and PAE documentation is current, accurate and compliant.
- Prepare and provide weekly reports as needed to senior management.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of manager/work force and customer/navy personnel, as well as parent company executives and outside organizations
- Ability to read and interpret journals, reports, drawings, sketches, regulations, and other material to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedures, and production sequence in detail.
- Travel to remote locations as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent degreerequired.
- 15 or more year’s related experience working in Technical Writer environment required, no substitution for education.
- 3 years or more years of experience in project management, employee supervision and compliance facilitation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Self-Starter and detail oriented
- Ability to organize, set and meet goals and schedules
- Firm understanding of NUWC organization and Navy protocol is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to travel to remote location with limited medical facilities.
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time