Technical Services Chemist
Position Title Technical Services Chemist - Night Shift - UT #3869
Location Salt Lake City
Company is a diversified chemical manufacturer, re-packager and distributor.
This position reports to the Technical Services Laboratory Manager. Responsible for performing routine analytical chemistry testing of manufacturing components and finished products in the Technical Services Laboratory.
SHIFT: 8PM - 4:30AM - Monday thru FridayFRIDAY
* BS in Chemistry withindustrialchemicals experience, specialization in analytical chemistry preferred.
* Experience-based knowledge of chemical principles, chemical manufacturing process, and chemical plant operations.
* Should have experiencewith laboratory equipment i.e. HPLC, GC, ICP-OES, FTIR as well as classical wet chemistry techniques.
* Experiencewith HPLC method development.
* Demonstrated communications, organization and analytical skills.
* Perform routine analytical testing (SOP-based) on batches of finished products and manufacturing components.
* Prepare written summaries of batch testing results.
* Provide technical support during the development of new testing methods and procedures.
* Assist manufacturing staff withproduction issues through batch testing and lab batch preparation.
* Prepare written QA documents such as Certificates of Analysis and Certificates of Compliance.
* Perform routine calibration of laboratory equipment.
* Perform routine preparation and certification of standardized reagents.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. BS in Chemistry
2. Industrial chemicals experience and knowledge of chemical principles, chemical manufacturing process, and chemical plant operations.
3. Experience with laboratory equipment i.e. HPLC, GC, ICP-OES, FTIR as well as classical wet chemistry techniques.
4. Experience with HPLC method development.