A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your CallingAt Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the righttemperature while saving energy, water andsupporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers toaccountants, sales professionals tosupport experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division, located in Fort Smith, AR
Technical Services Administrator The Technical Services Administrator is a manufacturing, plant floor position within Information Technology. The position will provide advanced support for desktop/laptop computers and peripherals, which includes installation, diagnosis, repair, maintenance, and upgrades to all hardware, software, and peripheral equipment related to plant operations, while ensuring optimal performance. This position will be responsible for monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting network connectivity and reliability issues related to the plant floor. In addition, support of manufacturing projects is required and will involve identification of Ethernet drops, IP addressing, monitor setup, and assistance with Quality/ Engineering software applications. The position will spend 75%-80% of their time on the plant floor, and 20% resolving typical PC/software/wireless issues. WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Install, configure, setup, support and maintain all personal computers and peripherals according to enterprise standards and connect them to the LAN.
- Perform basic troubleshooting, assist user personnel with issues and conduct training as needed.
- Provide first tier support of Microsoft Active Directory, Office Professional, Exchange, Outlook, Lync/Skype and System Center.
- Maintain enterprise security standards - Active Directory, virus protection, browser controls, cell phones
- Configure, install, support and maintain standard Cisco LAN/WAN hardware, software and related products under the supervision of senior staff.
- Troubleshoot routine problems associated with the LAN and WAN connectivity under the supervision of senior staff.
- Configure, install, support and maintain standard server hardware and software under the supervision of senior staff.
- Provide support for plant floor applications.
- Configure, install, support and maintain local telephony hardware, software and peripherals as directed by senior staff.
- Procure, setup and support enterprise standard smartphones and other cellular devices.
- Maintain familiarity and compliance with company technical standards, policies and procedures.
- Handle assigned tasks related to procurement, documentation, reporting, etc.
- Perform delegated tasks on projects of all sizes and scopes under the supervision of senior staff.
- Enter problems and associated resolution into HP Service Manager.
- Support problem and incident management by performing root cause analysis for service interruption, create preventive measures to deploy in enterprise and coordinate preparation of incident reports.
- Prepare management reports and metrics as required.
- Maintain documentation of computer room servers, network equipment, cabling, physical layout/infrastructure, backup operations.
- Handle other duties as assigned. Work after hours as necessary to minimize business interruptions (system outages, troubleshooting, system upgrades, etc.).
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years previous experience on Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Associate Technical Services Administrator, Help Desk Administrator or other position of equal or lower job grade in the IT Department.
- Strong PC hardware setup and troubleshooting skills
- Strong user skills with Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft certification desired