The Technical Services Specialist is the front-line general technical support contact for external customers of the Performance Products Division, supporting all HPP market segments. The incumbent will create and share technical information with the customer population in order to support the customer base and continuing product sales through a variety of different functions. The incumbent will also provide various technical services for individual business and technical groups within the Performance Products Division, communicating customer contact information to and interacting with business stakeholders to ensure product information is presented to customers in accordance with business directives.
What will be expected from you?
- Function as a primary contact for incoming technical service requests. Respond to technical questions and requests in a timely and professional manner. Requests may include, but are not limited to, product recommendations, applications information, raw material specifications, and various customer questionnaires. Handle proprietary information responsibly. Communicate potential business opportunities to business/technical leaders.
- Prepare and publish product literature with input from marketing and technical resources and maintain literature files. Possibly assist with website updates.
- Coordinate new sample setup and inventory arrangements with contract sample company and address any sample-related issues. Assist as needed with sample arrangements for experimental/developmental products. Provide recertification COAs as needed.
- Investigate technical aspects of customer problems/complaints and report findings. Communicate results with customers as required.
- Develop and deliver product/application training to Company associates, external customers and distributors.
- Participate on relevant Research & Development and business teams. Provide periodic reports.
- Manage lab equipment, raw material procurement and chemicalinventory.
- Maintain a safe work environment, complying with safety policies and procedures. Follow safe work practices for personal, equipment, and team member safety - in both the laboratory and in the field. End results are a minimum of safety incidents and a clean, orderly, and safe working environment.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline and 4+ years of related experience OR a Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline and 1+ years of related experience
- Production lab, customer service, or R&D experience is preferred
- Laboratory background preferred
- Working knowledge of Organic Chemistry
- Direct external customer contact experiencepreferred
- Strong customer focus
- Knowledge of or previous experience with products in Performance Products Division, especially amines, is a strong plus
- Knowledge of or previous experience with RSPO or a sustainability program is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Products Excel and Word, internet and email