Inc. is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostic products, medical imaging systems and surgical products. The Company's core business units focus on diagnostics, breast health, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. With a unified suite of technologies and a robust research and development program, Hologic is dedicated to The Science of Sure.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Bright people, working together to pioneer advances in human health care, have created Hologic's success. Our company believes that people are our greatest asset and only by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining the most talented employees can we continue to be successful. Our work atmosphere is stimulating, innovative and customer focused.
We provide employees with state-of-the art tools and technology, a collaborative and passionate work environment and the ability to make a dramatic difference in the world of healthcare.
We are rapidly growing and yet we have never been more focused – on our people, on our growth, on our future.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
· Contribute in development and execution of external clinical evaluations of new and changed products.
· Contribute in change control for continuous product improvements.
· Provide training for service and technical support associates of new and changed products.
· Will be closely involved with user and service manual documentation, field installation and evaluation, and field service support.
· Must be willing to work in a fast paced, interrupt driven environment, while handling multiple concurrent tasks.
· Ability to follow and execute complex software programs and commands.
· Position requires considerable interpretation of data, independent judgment, and extensive product knowledge in order to handle varied situations.
· Frequent domestic and occasional international travel required. Valid and active passport is required.
· Work with the Imaging Sciences for optimum image quality and calibration procedures.
· Contribute in development and validation of User and Service instructions of new and changed product.
· Perform requirements as business needs arise while ensuring processes are completed within a timely manner under FDA regulations.
· Works as a member of a team with Technical Support Specialists and management.
· Works with Electrical and Software Engineers, R&D Engineers and/or Manufacturing Engineers as a team.
· Provide support to Field Service Engineers and Technical Support Engineers to increase customer satisfaction and increase product uptime/reliability.
· Strong hands-on software and electromechanical troubleshooting skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
· Good customer service and follow up skills.
· Software knowledge of NT/Windows/Unix/Linux/DOS environments.
· Strong analytical competency.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Bio-Medical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with system diagnosis and troubleshooting.
· Medical industry experience preferred.
· Electronics testing, troubleshooting and execution skills.
· Knowledge of X-ray fundamentals, networking, HIS, DICOM and PACS preferred.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Technical Service Specialist - 170874.