PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Reporting to the District Sales Manager, this position will support the regional sales force technically in the sale of Diamond V products to our customers, both in the USA and as required internationally. To interface with the R&D group and to assist in those activities deemed necessary to effectively conduct research into existing and new product applications. To represent and uphold the high standard of scientific integrity of our products in professional peer interactions. To prepare and deliver the highest quality training materials and programs to internal and external stakeholders of Diamond V Mills.
- Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Provide technical support in the area of product sales, including specific product knowledge and utilizing a broad practical nutrition knowledge to position these products effectively with Diamond V customers both at the nutritionist level and on farm
- Provide technical support in dairy/beef cattle management and nutrition to producers, nutritionists, veterinarians, and agribusiness consultants
- Work to help deliver business unit’s sales and profitability goals
- Prepare and present technical product presentations to a broad range of audiences from producers, feed company representatives to industry professionals and the academic community,
- Contribute written articles both to the scientific and lay press on pertinent product centric topics, and to build a strong network of supporters for Diamond V
- Provide leadership communication, and the development of advocates within the technical community within the industry served by Diamond V
- Participate in key R&D directional conversations for the existing product portfolio and contribute to the stage gate process of new product ideas
- Interact with local and regional Universities to help coordinate R&D efforts where directed by management
- Prepare and present training materials on products and applications for Diamond V products
- Contribute to competitive intelligence gathering and assist in strategic utilization of this knowledge by the commercial organization
- Assist Regional Sales Managers with key account planning and strategies
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or PhD in Animal Nutrition or related field
- 5 or more years of industry experience in the area of providing technical support to producers and nutritionists
- Experience working with the Mid-Atlantic/North East Region in the Ruminant (dairy and beef) space
- Travel is required 65% of the time
- Communication skills - demonstrated capability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multifaceted organization
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at industry activities
- Maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information
- Must be flexible in dealing with a wide variety of demands and changes in the scope of responsibilities of the position
- Extensive sedentary work involving sitting in a car or at a desk for extended periods of time
- Walking, standing and exerting up to 50 pounds of force are required occasionally
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to grasp, and/or feel objects or controls
- Talking, hearing, reading, writing, bending/stooping, and climbing stairs are required
- Required to use laptop computer, video projector, cell phone and other electronic equipment as needed.
- Duties require close vision, distance vision and depth perception
- Involves some outside work with possible exposure to temperature extremes