More information about this job
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Service Scientist to join our laboratory group at our Bridgewater, NJ location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Consumer Specialities function. This position will report to a Research Scientist.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, to following:
- Provide agrochemical technical & formulation support for current Ashland products to solve customer problems, identify opportunities and help increase market share. Independent planning and design of lab activities including preparation of agrochemical formulations, characterization and evaluation.
- Develop understanding of customer needs through discussion with sales and marketing and customer visits. Support existing business and develop new business opportunities by completing technical service requests, demonstrating application of Ashland products in various agriculture formulations.
- Design, prepare, and test product concepts for new and improved Agrochemical formulations that deliver differentiated product performance in a cost-effective manner.
- Participate in innovation activities around new molecules, new applications, new technologies, etc. which may lead to expanded growth and opportunities in the longer term.
- Prepare customer presentations, technical reports, and formulation guides for application of Ashland products. Document experiments in a laboratory notebook and submit written reports upon project completion.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
**This position is located in Bridgewater, NJ.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Formulation Science, Colloid and Surface Science, Polymer Science, or related field required; M.S. degree preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in agrochemical formulation and technologies required
- Demonstrated agrochemical formulation expertise – Suspension Concentrates, Flowable Liquids, Emulsion Concentrates, Oil Dispersions, etc. Experience in selection and evaluation of surfactants, solvents, emulsifiers, dispersants, etc. required
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion in a timely manner required
- Ability to travel up to 30% required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of formulation design & development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a team in a cross functional environment
- Safe lab practices and record keeping experience are essential
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.