Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
The Technical Customer Service Manager’s (TCS) role will report to the Materials Technologies Regional Sales Director, NA. This position serves as a subject matter expert (SME) and provides technical support to customers in the chromatography and excipient segments.
- Responsible for providing technical support and training to customers (virtual support for small and mid-sized accounts and in-person support for key and large accounts)
- Communicates benefits of Grace offerings and supports sales team by articulating value proposition to customers
- Serves as technical bridge between customer’s application needs and Grace Product offerings. Work closely with Grace Labs and R&D employees. SME content provider for marketing/sales collateral, reviews internal and external tools for technical accuracy, credibility and impact
- Collaborates with product management on the product portfolio, Identifying areas for differentiation or rationalization
- Delivers “voice of customer/s” to Marketing organization and R&D to drive product innovation; Identifies areas for innovation and product development
- Collaborates with cross-regional TCS resources to share best practices and support
- Maintains and enhances technical knowledge and competitive product knowledge
- Works directly with customers R&D employees for various applications and functionality within his / her assigned segment
- As necessary, provides onboarding training for new hires, and new product/refresher training to internal stakeholders
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand complex technical topics
- Excellent understanding of chemical manufacturing
- Exceptional interpersonal, perseverance, influence and persuasion skills
- Ability to present technical content to small groups and large formal gatherings
- Suburb verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft computer software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to travel up to 50% - domestic US
Required Education and Experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university
- Technical knowledge of excipients and chromatography
- Minimum 5+ years of successful technical support or technical sales experience
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with Pharmaceutical regulations
- International business experience
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
Requisition ID: 2590