Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients-one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!Technical Service Engineer
Omnicell Technical Service Field Engineers (TSE) provide troubleshooting, repair services and scheduled preventive maintenance for the Omnicell's pharmacy and supply automation solutions at customer sites within a designated geographic area. Omnicell TSEs are dispatched as needed by Omnicell's 24x7 Call Center. Although TSEs focus mainly on hardware repairs, the Omnicell solutions are a combination of hardware and software and TSEs work with both. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills
- On site troubleshooting and repair of customer problems on Omnicell products
- Meet company guidelines for response time and service levels
- Differentiate between hardware and software product problems
- Collect and report all customer and problem data in Omnicell database
- Escalate product bugs, malfunctions, and design issues through support channels for resolution
- Provide support coverage 24 hour/7days a week
- Frequent local travel in primary area
- Provide backup support in adjacent areas as needed
- Participation in various staff meetings
- Manage territory service quality and customer satisfaction; parts inventory and RMA process;
- Complete software updates
- Participate in various field projects as necessary
- Troubleshoot customer issues over phone and provide remote support
- Provide home work space and space for trunk stock parts inventory
- Computer skills in the following areas: Database, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, & Graphics.
- Computer systems skills: Windows 7, Windows 10, Server SQL Database & Networking
- Basic electronics knowledge
- Possess and excellence in speaking and writing English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work well with customers
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to approximate 5 ft. height
- Ability to:
- evaluate multiple customer issues and set priorities
- manage processes
Note: The selected individual must have a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record, be able to meet company's insurance coverage requirements and have their own vehicle in acceptable working condition. Basic Qualifications
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Associate degree/Technical Certification with 3 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems. (In lieu of Associates degree, a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems is required)
- Bachelor degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Coursework in Network Engineering, Robotics or Electronics
- Experience working in a hospital environment a plus
- Field based position
- Travel required
- On call 24/7 days a week
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodationfora medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.