The Hosting compute department is accountable for all platform support for CenturyLink managed hosting Clients, Comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment and interacting closely with Problem management.
The Support Engineer is responsible for leading the technical relationship of one or more CenturyLink clients. They will provide superior support to a subset of CenturyLink Clients in a complex network and/or hosting solutions environment. The SE will review, approve and execute change requests to ensure successful change management. They will troubleshoot systems and network incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair. The SE will be responsible for ensuring a positive Client relationship. They will ensure the Operations Centre has all documentation necessary to understand and support their clients
The role will be working on a shift pattern from Monday to Friday. The hours worked are a standard 8 hour day anytime between the hours of 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM. Occasional after hours support may be required based on customer environment needs.
The SE will work within one of the two defined technology based teams that are Operating System platform specific.
- Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012 currently)
- VMWare ESX
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate hosting issues according to procedural documentation and training
- Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of Client environments
- Through Client consultation, realize growth opportunities for production Client environments.
- Provide guidance to adjacent support tiers to assist in resolution of complex network, system and security incidents
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
- Partner with the Problem Management Centre to reduce re-occurring incidents
- Provide consultative assistance to the Operations Centre during off hours as needed
- Review system and network configurations with Service Delivery to ensure successful implementation of services into production
- Perform incident trend analysis to promote a stable solution within the environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in server systems support role in enterprise, IT or service provider environment
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, Sniffer Pro)
- Hands onexperienceincluding but not limited to:
- Systems OS such as Microsoft (Windows2003/2008/2012 Server,)
- Hardware and firmware exposure in virtual and physical systems environments (HP, VMware)
- Common web server support (IIS, Apache, etc)
- A commitment to delivering a superior Client experience through direct interaction with Clients during support and change management
- Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Ability to follow established process and precudures.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Hands on experience with one or more of the following:
- Virtual and physical securitytechnologies (ie. Cisco ACE/FWSM, ASA, IP tables, ACL etc.)
- Intrusion detection support and analysis
- Networkand Systems hardware platforms
- Cisco routers and Switches
- Server Loadbalancers (F5, Cisco ACE)
- Experience with Shell/Perl/Expect/Powershell and/or otherscriptinglanguages and/or web development technologies like HTML, XML, Java
- Database administration
- Familiarization with SAS-70 and ITIL guidelines and practices
- Technical certifications in areas of expertise (Cisco, Juniper, MS, ITIL, Nortel, Ciena)
- Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in related fields
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment
Alternate Location:US-Missouri-Town And Country