The Technical Service Engineer will be responsible for the successful installation and support of nSpec® systems at customer sites. Position duties will include performing system installation, training and technical support of customers’ engineering, development and quality assurance personnel, trouble-shooting and coordination of additional Nanotronics’ support resources as required. The Technical Service Engineer must deliver against project milestones, timelines, project plans and other performance targets by timely, efficient, accurate and professional work habits. The Technical Service Engineer must proactively coordinate activities and communications between sites, internal departments and customers.
- Installation of nSpec® systems at customer sites
- Train and support customers’ personnel on nSpec® operating procedures
- Trouble-shoot customers’ issues as required to insure effective operation of nSpec® system(s)
- Produce and maintain proper technical documentation
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate work processes
- Communicate effectively between customers and internal team members
- Relentless implementation of an accurate, timely and thorough “service ticket” system
- 3 – 5 years experience in fast-paced business environment ideally as a member of a sales or accounts team. Agency project manager experience applies.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Advanced user of Excel and MS Office Suite, Keynote.
- Experience working within a science and engineering based company with technical teams.
- Manage personal and teams schedule to achieve targets
- Refine professional, effective processes in concert with the Company’s existing processes
- Achieve performance targets as defined by CTO and Senior Management
- Participate effectively with the communication channel between site staff, sales and marketing department, other internal departments and customers
- Serve as liaison for customer technical trouble-shooting and questions
- Ensure reaction to customer inquiries are timely, accurate and properly documented
- Follow and adhere to Company procedures and standards of performance
- Maintain a high standard of ethical and professional conduct at all times while representing the Company in all dealings with potential and existing customers
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally on a frequent basis
Key Result Areas – how performance will be measured for Technical Service Engineer and team:
- Performance versus targets
- Technical documentation
- Customer satisfaction survey results, including post-installation and service agreements
- Efficient use of time
- Quality of testing and reporting work product
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Strong critical thinking skillset; ability to identify issues and formulate solutions
- Have a strong work ethic
- Communicate effectively with customers and Company personnel
- Be persistent and dependable
- Be flexible, detail-oriented, and have good time management skills
- Be fluent with nSPEC and all related hardware and software
Education and Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. 3 plus years working as a field service engineer required. Understanding of nano software and automated microscopes is desired.