If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
The Technical Service Engineer is responsible for providing high-level second-tier product-specific technical information and support to internal and external customers. Advises and recommends solutions to customers while presenting additional products and services as warranted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for product lines through e-mail and phone to internal and or external customers.
- Provides scheduled and emergency onsite technical support to customers as required.
- Interacts directly with clients/customers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner; uses knowledge and expertise to discern appropriate solutions.
- Provides remote verification of critical to quality installation steps vis FFS PRO Verify Assurance service.
- Identifies opportunities for additional sales to ensure customer needs are met and growth opportunities are maximized.
- Assist with Material Take-off Preparation and basic site layouts
- Issues return authorization numbers and evaluates warranty status of parts.
- Occasionally contributes to technical bulletins.
- Provides onsite and web-based training seminars as required.
- Assists customers in implementing products and advises on their proper use.
- Follows up with customers to verify that solutions are successful.
- Reviews owner/operator manuals-provide direction for updates and changes required
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers; records these resolutions for general use.
- Develops a deep understanding of applications.
- Uses judgment to determine the proper resources to fix issues.
- Assists in deploying new software releases to the customer base through technical training.
- Tracks open customer issues and communicates the status to customers.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
LocationMadison, WIFull-Time/Part TimeFull-timeRequirements
Skills and Abilities
- Applies excellent judgment skills to properly evaluate situations and immediately provide effective solutions.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with vendors, internal and external customers, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to interpret photographs for purpose of providing direction, installation quality and issue resolution
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of complex nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a major degree.
- Completes intermediate and complex tasks.
- Uses noncomplex and complex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent of four years of high school (required).
- Associate's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field (preferred).
- Three to five years of related experience (preferred).
- Advanced: Operating systems, CAD software, spreadsheet, word processing/typing, database, alphanumeric data entry.
Certificates and Licenses
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continually required to sit.
- Regularly required to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
- Occasionallyrequired to stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- Occasionally subjected to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.