Speaking of building around your passion, our company is SpyFu. We have a pretty big audience in the search marketing space and that creates some exciting opportunities for you:
- We build products that help search marketers be more successful. Your expertise and experience can directly shape products that millions of people use every day.
- If you like to write about, talk about, speak about the SEO and marketing you are passionate about - we’ve got a built in audience.
We are constantly launching new products, improving existing ones, building deeper and more accessible training, and building mindshare. There’s a lot of opportunity to grow and contribute.
- 5+ years of experience doing SEO professionally.
- Technical on-site SEO for a large >20k page website (we have 100s of millions of pages)
- Boots on the ground experience with all of the following: on-page optimization, content marketing, link building, outreach.
- A passion for and comfort with data. Strong Excel, maybe even SQL skills. Deep (perhaps complicated?) relationship with Google Analytics, Search Console, etc.
- Really good problem solving skills
- Drive to get things done.
Should Haves, but not absolutely required:
- HTML5, CSS3 - at a minimum you need to be able to format your own stuff.
- Growth hacking / CRO / Split testing experience - also PPC, Display, etc
- Custom crawlers \ robots, Screaming Frog, etc.
Nice to Have (so be sure to tell us about):
- Actual code: Python, Java, C#, etc.
- Communication passion (do you *like* writing/blogging, video skills, podcast, twitter)
- Technical Wordpress skills
- Have used SpyFu “in the wild”.