This position serves as a security administrator and technical security contact in matters related to security computer hardware, software and operations. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, security and administration of computer systems, networks and applications in coordination with other team members. Maintains, installs and supports District and Compeer approved software and provides support and training to Business Technology team members.
- Assists in planning and carrying out the organization's information security strategy by identifying and developing security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Educates team members on information security through training and building awareness.
- Assists in developing computer security architecture and detailed cyber security designs.
- Enforces network security policies and compliance requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
- Assists and develops technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Assists in installs, implements, creates, and uses software technology, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect the organization's sensitive information.
- Manages work requests related to security incidents and security services. Works with users, Business Technology support team and vendor partners to troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with security products and related processes.
- Assists in testing security solutions utilizing existing products in the security engineering portfolio: firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion detection/prevention, data loss prevention, anti-virus, anti-spam, vulnerability scanning, security information and event management.
- Conducts periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability.
- Assists in monitoring, analyzing and evaluating the organization's networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions.
- Assists in technical and forensic breach investigations, as well as provides analysis of findings.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 0-4 years of direct experience with multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Experience with technical security operations such as vulnerability testing, log monitoring, firewall configurations and general security testing.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Server Technologies (including SharePoint, Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange and Windows Server Operating Systems).
- Knowledge in Cisco products, including switches, routers, wireless controllers and firewalls.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, voice communications, email services, desktop operating systems and configurations, document capture solutions and server, desktop and laptop hardware and configurations.
- Strong organizational, decision making, and written/verbal communication skills. Presentation skills for one-on-one and/or group presentations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with taking direction from leadership and mentors.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into non-technical terms.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation of complex systems.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.