The Global Technical Sales Training Specialist designs and delivers instructional solutions for our leading-edge products. The Training Specialist collaborates closely with internal experts to acquire technical expertise to create and deploy technical training material for our sales and marketing teams. The Training Specialist facilitates technical courses, contributes to on-line learning programs, and collaborates closely with other internal groups in support of global organizational training goals.
- Prepare sales training plans for implementation of new products
- Develop and deliver technical sales training materials aligned with Illumina's marketing objectives and sales methodology
- Facilitate training courses/workshops for Sales and Marketing professionals that typically include technical presentations, demonstrations, hands-on lab exercises, technical Q&A sessions, and student assessments
- Continuously update course materials to keep pace with rapidly evolving technology and products
- Provide content expertise for web-based learning modules
- Author, review, and edit technical sales documents and presentations
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 3 years molecular biology or genetics experience in a customer-facing role
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- A team-oriented approach to the work environment
- Strong written communication, verbal communication and training skills.
- Strong organization skills, including ability to rapidly balance priorities in a fast-pace environment
- Knowledge of Illumina sequencing platforms and analysis
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding training support
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%
- BS with 3+ years of professional working experience; MS preferred