ABB is seeking Technical Sales Support Specialist for Houston, Texas location. The Technical Sales Support Specialist will be the dedicated product sales support for the region and will foster direct relationships with key customers to grow the business.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead the market development and specification position effort for new and existing products to achieve sales objectives in the Utility and C&I Markets.
• Deliver customer technical presentations.
• Provide technical product and application support for end-users, distributors, and field sales.
• Help coordinate and participate in product marketing activities, engineering seminars, customer training, and field sales training.
• Participate in proposal packages (technical section)
• Provide competitive intelligence reporting on competitive product offerings and market position.
• Provide technical representation for the business in national, regional, and local industry tradeshows and industry events.
• Create case studies and provide raw technical content for marketing and sales collateral.
• Interface with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Product Engineering to develop new product opportunities.
• Provide company representation on assigned technical standards committees and groups.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum of 6 years of experience in a customer technical support role, preferable with medium or high voltage products in the Utility Industry
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems and equipment
• Demonstrated strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Technically competent with commercial acumen
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.