What you will do
The primary function of this position is to provide sales and technical application support within the scope of a specific upgrade project currently underway in the Ontario Area Security Domain of Johnson Controls.
In this position, the technical support individual will perform assignments that require system design as well as associated problem solving, requiring a high level of expertise as they relate to the entire sales, system design, system engineering and installation.
How you will do it
- Following a pre-determined schedule issued by the Coordinator, the technical specialist will perform site visits to survey and document the intrusion alarm hardware currently deployed at specific target customer sites, and to make recommendations how best to transition the intrusion protection from DVAC to a more current communication protocol or technology.
- Each site will see its upgrade design and recommendations documented in a survey form.
- Survey forms will need to be filled in their entirety, including proper recipient (customer designate) of an upcoming quote to be issued by the Coordinator.
- Once completed, survey forms will be scanned and emailed to the Coordinator.
- Perform additional duties as requested, such as follow up visits, if applicable.
- This is a contractual position.
What we look for
- BSEE or related degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years of application experience within the security industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to support assigned business as required