Position at ITW Evercoat
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
As a Technical Sales Representative, you will focus the majority of your time building and establishing relationships at the body shop level. Acting as a “consultant” to shop management you will use your body repair expertise to identify areas of improvement where the implementation of Evercoat products & processes will provide significant benefit. You will devise and deliver a training and demonstration program to install the Evercoat products and processes at operator level ensuring optimum confidence and acceptance. The remaining percentage of your time will be focused working closely with the assigned Evercoat distributors to identify key body shop targets as well as provide any training and demonstration that may be required with their own technicians. As the critical link between the market and internal Evercoat teams you will provide ongoing feedback and input on product issues, competitor product knowledge and new product development opportunities.
Positions available for various regions across the U.S.
Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned
- Enhance and build strong relationships with current and new body shop users of Evercoat products. Ensure best practice is being applied with maximum product penetration and process improvement.
- Develop strong relationships with new body shop users focusing on a key target list of A Class shops agreed with the Commercial Director.
- Maintain & build upon strong relationships with the key distributors focusing on those that provide the channel into the target list of A Class shops.
- Provide technical support and product knowledge as and when may be required by distributors, body shops and operators.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence & feedback on competitor product offerings incl. price, performance and acceptance data.
- Ensure that Evercoat has a thorough understanding of the current processes and challenges of today’s body shop environment. Keep abreast of the future developments that will affect automotive refinishing & repair to influence the direction of future NPD for Evercoat.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to assist in the formulation and implementation of the strategy for increased market share, positioning Evercoat as the preferred body filler in high quality body shops.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associatedegreerequired. Bachelordegree in business or related field preferred.
- At least six years’ relevant industry experience.
- Ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally, including VPGM, directors, managers, distributors, body shops owners and operators.
- In depth technical knowledge and ability to train on repair processes specifically, panel repair, prep & paint.
- A high level of integrity with a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Competency in the usage of the entire MS Office Suite.