The Technical Sales Representative will create and build customer relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain new business. Representative will assist in developing and facilitating new business and new product development for specific customers within aviation and aerospace industries.
- Identify, target and develop new business in Commercial and Defense aviation and high technology platforms by presenting company's portfolio of products and services.
- Propose and explain company's product solutions to both highly technical and general audiences
- Sustain existing business relationships with ongoing support including meetings, visits, and presentations of current and new company projects
- Assist in formulating proposals in conjunction with Engineering and Sales & Marketing staff (PSF/CSI).
- Create presentations tying project components together; packaging and assisting in presenting the proposal to the customer.
- Communicate back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group (e.g., clear details, critical timeframes, and expectations)
- Develop and maintain customer roadmap
- Track and report on the status of all proposal components
- Establish and maintain on-going customer relationships with the various Engineering and Procurement groups to anticipate and resolve potential problems; participating in site visits
- Support other Sales & Marketing staff as needed
- Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering, Science, or related discipline from an accredited college.
- At least one yearexperience in industry business development and/or research and development arena; must have experiencesupporting the development of at least five proposals or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Regular travel both domestically and internationally.
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.