Trimble is hiring for a strong Technical Sales Representative to help oversee our Construction Software Products within the Construction Field Services Sector. This person will be an expert on the 3D construction process with full understanding of the data-driven workflow for 3D construction. This position can be held remotely anywhere within our North East Region of the United States or Canada (locations noted in job advertisement).
The role will work with the following:
- Our dealer network to educate and train support staff and attend key meetings with Construction Companies who specialize in civil engineering projects and specialty contractors in marine, paving, landfills, and other earthmoving types of projects.
- Construction Companies to demonstrate, educate, consult and train on all facets of the 3D Construction Process; specifically working with Site Surveyors, Civil Engineers Project Managers, Estimators and Field Engineers.
- Trimble Product Managers beta testing new software and hardware releases.
The Technical Sales Rep. assists dealers and contractors in product training / demonstrations, project consulting, and will assist the sales team to close new sales opportunities, conduct post-sale training and support.
- Consulting and product demonstrations on key features and functions available using Trimble software and hardware in the data-driven workflow of the 3D construction process. The DCP will demonstrate how to:
- Estimate / verify quantities
- Educate customers on the creation of “Construct-able” models
- Review engineering models for construction errors / challenges in the design
- Use construction survey / site positioning systems and software.
- Able to address other CAD type software packages and explain key differences in applications, features and functions.
- Demonstrate the applications for various project types to include: Landfills, Infrastructure, Commercial, Recreational
- Demonstrate Trimble’s data management, transfer and project monitoring software and operating systems
- Train dealer professionals on new product introductions and newly hired employees.
- Create content to support customer training and demonstrations as well as to be used in broader customer self serve platforms.
- The experience and expertise of the Digital Construction Professional is key to Trimble and its dealer network in closing new accounts and selling new products and services to existing accounts.
- Expert on the data-driven workflow for 3D construction.
- Sound knowledge of construction surveying/design; fluent in AutoCad Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, Microstation and / or Geopak.
- Able to engage end users during “discovery” to quickly identify training needs and business opportunities.
- Able to demonstrate and clearly articulate value propositions at the individual buyer levels and at the channel partner level.
Desired Background & Skills:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Survey, Construction Management or related field, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- 3+ years of Construction Experience focused on Civil Projects
- Proven project management capabilities
- Data-driven: Experience using Trimble Business Center, Bentley and /or AutoCAD
- A proven / consistent customer satisfaction target track record
- Experience in complex software support
- Build customer trust and customer loyalty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to articulate effectively how technology will solve key business problems and to what degree
- Able to lead and motivate others to change