Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology, has an immediate opening for a Technical Sales Representative, based out of our Ohio Valley region.
This position will cover Michigan, Ohio, Western PA, West Virginia, Kentucky, & Tennessee and will be responsible for providing technical sales support to enhance Versico sales efforts in a given territory. This position must work closely with the existing sales teams in the development of the strategies to grow the business.
The Technical sales responsibilities will include presentations to Building Owners, Consultants, Architects, contractors and Distributors. This position will manage the development and implementation of the Territory Development Plan for the Ohio Valley market.
Travel requirement: 60% overnight travel
Company provided work vehicle, phone, iPad, laptop, and more provided.
- Correspond with sales force and customers via phone, email and in person to provide project support.
- Review project specifications, drawings and mock-up construction to assure appropriateness of product selection and use
- Work with Tech Services Dept to Draft project-specific shop drawings and instructions where required
- Assist installers and sales representatives in completing submittals, product substitution requests and similar support necessary to win sales on specific projects
- Work with other CCM departments to coordinate project supportrequired for interface
- Travel with sales force and deliver educational presentations to Construction Professionals (Architects, Consultants, Contractors, General Contractors, Owners)
- Provide field and web-based training to the sales force and customers, including Versico product knowledge and continuing education programs (AIA, True Roof Cost, True Roof Rater, etc.)
- Develop and execute “train the trainer” programs for proper installation of Versico product line
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. Equivalence is 5 years of experience minimum in Roofing or Construction.
- Architectural knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Strong Communication and Coaching skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel often.
- Independent and Organized.