Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading manufacturer in single-ply roofing and related technology, has an immediate opening for a Technical Sales Representative. This position is responsible for calling on authorized applicators to promote Versico products and systems, assist in bid/proposal preparation, answer questions, assist roofing field personnel on product/technical issues, update literature, and familiarize applicators with new systems and products. Otherresponsibilities include calling on owners, assisting Architects and Consultants, assist with field technical meetings and seminars, and assist Reps/Distributors in coordinating presentations and conferences. The TSR will assist the Regional Sales Manager in developing market specific development plans and securing competitive information from Reps/Distributors.
This position will cover the Ohio Valley region: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. Travel requirements will average 75% with approximately 40 to 50% of this being overnight travel.
Candidates should be located centrally within the region. Columbus, OH or Indianapolis, IN preferred.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Correspond with sales force and customers via phone, email and in person to provide project support.
- Review project specifications, drawings and mock-up construction to assure appropriateness of product selection and use
- Work with Tech Services Department to draft project-specific shop drawings and instructions where required
- Assist installers and sales representatives in completing submittals, product substitution requests and similar support necessary to win sales on specific projects
- Work with other CCM departments to coordinate project support required for interface
- Travel with sales force and deliver educational presentations to Construction Professionals (Architects, Consultants, Contractors, General Contractors, Owners)
- Provide field and web-based training to the sales force and customers, including Versico product knowledge and continuing education programs (AIA, True Roof Cost, True Roof Rater, etc.)
- Develop and execute “train the trainer” programs for proper installation of Versico product line
Minimum Job Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred in business, marketing, construction management or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in construction on manufacturing.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal / communication skills, presentation skills and have the ability to work independently.
- Candidates should have a proven track record in a technical sales or sales support role.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office suite