This outside sales position, which represents Bahco Band Saw products, will work with industrial distributors, manufacturing reps and agencies and/or direct sales to identify and evaluate production end users and stimulate additional product demand with current accounts and develop new customer accounts.
Working with company support to help “close the sale”, and grow the territory are key objectives for this position. The assigned territory will cover the California, Nevada, and Arizona saw industry markets with an emphasis on Orange County, San Diego and San Bernardino. As the band saw industry changes, the territory assigned may be modified to meet growing demand.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years outside sales experience in an Industrial environment and with distributors and/or agency reps. A proven track record of prior goal achievement showing solid increases in sales and in customer growth is required.The ideal candidate will have prior experience selling cutting tools.
- Must be mechanically inclined and capable of operating / adjusting machines, and have technical knowledge of metal cutting tools and other equipment. Previous experience working as machine operator, or experience in the sawing industry is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations and to meet with customers, distributors and / or end users. The majority of travel will be within California; however this position may require overnight travel (25 to 50%).
- The position requires solid organizational, customer service, presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to various levels in an organization. The ability to convey enthusiasm along with product knowledge to close a sale is also required.
- BA Degree in business, marketing or equivalent sales experience required. An Associate’s Degree in machining or other technical/mechanical equipment, is a plus.
- Prior technical training in metals, metallurgy, cutting tools is required.
- A valid driver’s license and impeccable driving record are required.
- Must be proficient in using the Internet for research, able to work with spreadsheets and databases and efficient working in all Microsoft Office suite products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point software.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
If your skills, experience and interests match this opening, you are encouraged to apply. Local candidates in the Orange County, San Bernardino or San Diego area are encouraged to apply as we are not offering relocation at this time.
Snap-on offers a competative compensation package, which includes a base expense plus sales bonus opportunity. In addition, Snap-on offers a complete benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k savings plan and offers a retirement plan.
Snap-on offers a drug fee work environment and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.