This outside sales position, which represents Bahco Band Saw products, will work with industrial distributors, manufacturing reps and agencies and/or direct sales to identify and evaluate production end users, stimulate additional product demand with current accounts and develop new customer accounts.
The assigned territory will cover the Illinois, Northwest Indiana and Northern Missouri saw industry markets with an emphasis on Chicago.
- 3-5 years outside sales experience in an Industrial environment.
- Prior sales experience working with distributors and /or agency reps and/or selling cutting tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent sales experience is required.
- Prior technical training in metals, metallurgy, cutting tools is required.
- An Associate’s degree in machining or other technical/mechanical equipment is a plus.
- Must be mechanically inclined and capable of operating / adjusting machines, and have technical knowledge of metal cutting tools and other equipment.
- Previous experience working as machine operator, or experience in the sawing industry is a plus.
- A proven track record of prior goal achievement showing solid increases in sales and in customer growth is required.
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations and to meet with customers, distributors and / or end users. The majority of travel will be within Illinois however; this position may require overnight travel (25 to 50%).
- The position requires solid organizational, customer service, presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to various levels in an organization. Must have the ability to convey enthusiasm along with product knowledge in order to close the sale.
- A valid driver’s license and impeccable driving record are required.
- Proficient in using the Internet for research.
- Microsoft Office suite products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point software. Ability to work with spreadsheets and databases.