The Sales Representative is responsible for selling Aakash Chemicals products and solutions to existing and prospective customers. The position is responsible for achieving the revenue, volume and margin targets within their given territory. The position will also focus on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven; with a dedication to achieving the company goals; will be critical to the long-term success of Aakash Chemicals
Sales Representative - Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for and ownership of territory
- Territory Planning: Understands current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers
- Reporting; Utilize account plan to list organizations profile, projects, next steps, post-call reports, pipeline management required
- Manage the sales cycles across customer accounts
- Track trends of the market; gather intelligence concerning customers and report on competitive activity
- Propose and close sales that achieve total revenue growth, profit, and customer sales projections
- Sustain sales activities, appointments, proposals, cold calls, and utilizing proper time management
- Skillful customer discovery interviews leading to qualified projects - understanding customer priority, unmet needs, detailed customer value proposition, business case, etc.
- Use industry contacts to develop strong relationships with key-decision maker and influencers throughout the customers? organization. (purchasing managers, business managers, research and technology experts, plant engineers and sr. management).
- Consistent follow-up on customer projects, samples, requests, etc.
- Communication with customers and internal organization regarding pricing, product availability, forecasting
Sales Representative - Job Requirements
- BA/BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineeringrequired.
- 5+ years industry experiencepreferably in chemicalSales
- Specialty chemicalsalesexperiencewith pigments, additives, resins or liquid dispersions is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, written, and oral communication skills
- Must possess excellent organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills.
- Excellent PC / Computer skills (MS Office is required)
- Strong work ethic and self-starter; able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast pace industry
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities, develop solutions, make recommendations and execute/manage their implementation
- Demonstrated the ability to work from home and remotely as needed.
- Overnight travel and attending industry trade shows required. Travel of 50-75% is required for this position.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time