The Technical Sales Manager’s (TSM) role is to increase Grundfos’ sales of engineered products and projects, focused on the Municipal Water Market (Water Treatment and Water Distribution applications) in the municipal market by supporting the efforts of District Sales Managers (DSM), Regional Sales Managers (RSM), and Distributor sales partners as well as calling independently on an assigned list of key engineers / contractors. This is accomplished by assisting with the training of sales personnel, joint travel with distribution partners, development and closing of major projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The TSM supports or independently runs all aspects of water utility sales including solution design, quotations, negotiations and project execution.
- The TSM trains our distribution partners on municipal waste water applications and Grundfos products.
- The TSM assists DSMs and RSMs with start-up & service issues related to waste water products.
- The TSM develops strong relationships with key decision makers at existing and target accounts, engineering firms and distribution partners in coordination and cooperation with DSMs, RSMs and others involved in the sales process.
- The TSM collaborates with the WU Business Development Director and contributes actively in efforts to introduce new technology to the market.
- The TSM may participate in global, market specific network meetings and interfaces with key product and other management personnel in the Grundfos global organization.
- Any additional duties assigned by the EVP of Grundfos Water Utility.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted over time.
Reporting / Time Management:
- CRM Notes of Activity: The TSM is responsible for entering accurate information into SAP-CRM about all sales, service and training activities.
- Expense Reporting: The TSM is responsible for managing their expense budget in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
- Results Reporting: The TSM will prepare a monthly report in accordance with specific direction from the Project Sales Manager. Regardless of circumstances, this report is always due on the first of the month.
- Time Management: Effectively utilize the CRM and Outlook calendars to account for no less than 70% of available time.
- Other: Additional reports may be required from time to time.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent is required. A minimum of (7) years of experience in outside sales serving the municipal Water market is required. Must possess knowledge of pumps and pumping systems within municipal water treatment and distribution.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical knowledge of municipal water processes to a trainer level.
- Knowledge of Grundfos Water Utility products to a trainer level.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats and to various levels of customer, engineering and management audiences.
- Professional sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to instruct and train on technical subjects.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as strong aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
- Excellent organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Be open to and manage change.
- Ability to travel40%-60%, including overnights and weekends.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record. Must retain a valid U.S. Passport.
It is the defined responsibility of the TSM to work with the Executive Vice President, Water Utility, and District and Regional Team members to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment and culture, and create a strong morale and spirit within the team; promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.
The TSM will support the Grundfos objective of being a socially responsible company by participating in company sponsored events and activities that support this cause. In addition, the TSM is encouraged to identify and support/participate in similar socially responsible programs, events and activities, with guidance and approval from their Manager.
It is the responsibility of the TSM to always present themselves in their role and in society in a manner consistent with the Grundfos Brand, including; maintaining personal appearance, vehicle cleanliness and condition, Grundfos office cleanliness, and follow customer entertainment guidelines.
Using the Personal Development Dialogue (PDD) process, the TSM will identify and document their personal development short term and long term growth objectives and in conjunction with their manager, measure their progress to achieving these objectives on an annual basis.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.