WambaTech is adding to our business development team! This role defines business development goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies and qualifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes deals, and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for creating and sustaining a robust pipeline of opportunities based on WambaTech's core competencies and demonstrated capabilities. WambaTech uses Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Azure to develop custom software solutions like enterprise dashboards, lead processing engines, CRMs, reporting tools, and inventory-management systems, etc. Our SaaS products reside on a cloud-based platform and meet industry-leading proficiency and security protocol. We also provide technical consultation and development for hire in a B2B capacity.
Who will you be working with?
Our Executive Team (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Security Officer), other company strategists and project leads, and existing and potential clients.
What will you be working on?
- Setting a strategic plan for WambaTech Business Development at the enterprise level.
- Identifying and developing relationships with strategic partners.
- Developing a prioritized pipeline of opportunities.
- Performing market research through industry contacts, publications, and trade events.
- Vetting potential opportunities by analyzing business strategies, opportunity requirements, and internal priorities.
- Expanding new business and/or spearheading a leap into new and adjacent markets.
- Devising and executing marketing strategies, plans, and actions by analyzing market, customer, and competitor data.
- Evaluating customer requirements in RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs and developing winning strategies for securing desired work.
- Writing proposals, presentations, and other sales materials including assistance in the technical writing portions.
- Working closely with project managers to provide customer knowledge and strategic support for proposal process.
Are you the right fit?
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is well rounded in both computer science and business development disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) with at least 10 years of relevant business development and sales experience.
- Experience in either software development or managing complex software development projects, or some significant exposure to this domain.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Ability to author and present detailed technical information to customers.
- Exceptional written/oral English skills and the demonstrated ability to draft detailed and clear quotations and proposals to customers.
- Ability to function in a team-based organization with minimal supervision.
What's in it for you?
- Bureaucracy-free company culture and structure
- Family-friendly work/life balance
- Competitive salary with bonus potential based on value-add
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- One week of sick time per year
- Company premiums paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- Simple IRA with 3% matching
- Offsite outings (e.g., weekend excursions to Traverse City and Boyne Mountain)
WambaTech has been proudly based in beautiful downtown Royal Oak, MI since 2006. WambaTech is recognized as a leader in bespoke software development, technical consulting, and data management.
No Visa/Sponsorship is available.