The Technical Sales Manager, Single Family New Construction (SFNC) is responsible for supporting sales initiatives by actively resolving customer switching barriers during conversion, develop installer partnerships, train, track and improve compliance results on product installations for key accounts to deliver value to our customers, ease new product adoption, and recommend improved practices with JH products resulting in a positive customer experience, delivery of our brand promise, and increased value from JH products.
As a member of the Technical Sales Team, the Technical Sales Manager (TSM) reports to the Area Sales Manager and integrates with the sales team through aligned technical / sales strategies producing joint sales conversions all supporting the overall market business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training Specialists on tech install and capacity planning
- Enable Vinyl PDG via install crew conversion and existing crew optimization
- Regional capacity planning projects for key growth targets
- ID/target right install crews for projects
- Convert installer crews from Vinyl or LP to JH
- Deliver optimized Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS) for Account Development Opportunities (ADO's)
- Ability to influence targeted customers (crews) to implement different business strategies that will help them grow with James Hardie and overall improve crew efficiency and quality
- Adept at managing existing customers to ensure retention and loyalty
- Manages and holds themselves accountable to a priority based schedule with prospective customers. Able to make good choices on where they do and don't spend their time.
- Develop a solid understanding of company products, customer programs and benefits, and our market development sales approach to effectively engage with prospective customers.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data to drive decision making.
- Able to host, lead and present in front of large audiences.
- Passion for their company and personal success to meet or exceed goals.
- Provide competitive market advantage opportunities to selected installation companies to ensure sustainable growth and profitability above the broader market, centered on the use of James Hardie Products.
- Coach business efficiencies in the field as well as the back office which in turn lowers our on the wall cost, and maintains profitability for the installer.
- Provide continuing education for our partners on James Hardie "Best Practices", enhancing our brand, setting us apart from our competitors, and fueling the growth of JHBP.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of construction experience
- B2B sales experience
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding the use of tools and practices of siding or general construction applications.
- Bilingual- Spanish/English (plus)
- Project Management experience (preferred)
- Prior track record of success in a technical
- Engineering/design experience
- Proficient understanding of fundamental financial concepts
- Experience using CRM's, Salesforce.com (preferred)
- Valid driver's license & Bachelors' Degree required.
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.