Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, byproviding unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, withtotal annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600employees.
We are currently searching for a Technical Sales Manager to be based out of the Mid-Atlantic region. Reporting to theDirector of Sales, this person will be responsible for generating project specifications with a focus on end-user vertical markets such as, but not limited to Industrial, Construction and Architects and Engineers. In addition, this person will drive continued growth for our product portfolio products through distributors as well as key end-user influencers and specifies at the architecture, electrical engineering, government/municipality, and electrical contractor levels.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5-10 years of proven electrical industry or related experience.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
To generate project specifications with a focus on end-user vertical markets such as, but not limited to Industrial, Construction and Architects and Engineers
- To liaise with the local Regional Sales Manager to ensure projects are progressed and secured via the Electrical Distribution channel with the emphasis on maximizing profitable revenue growth
- To conduct new product presentations and inform customers of new product developments and industry code changes
- To progress leads supplied from various sources such as, but not limited to Dodge, PEC, Web
- Site Visits to identify new opportunities and discuss projects with consultants and contactors.
- Develop strong internal relationships with BU product marketing, technical and customer service departments
- To achieve the sales targets for the area with the contribution to the regional sales targets
- Work with and manage Atkore agent sales network to drive project growth and specifications to deliver profitable top line revenue growth required to meet/exceed BU goals.
- Drive continued growth for our product portfolio of Atkore products through distributors as well as key end-user influencers and specifies at the architecture, electrical engineering, government/municipality, and electrical contractor levels.
- Demand creation of existing, proprietary, and new products at end-user level
- Educate and train Distribution on products, including lunch and learns, demonstrations, and job site visits.
- Enter, track, manage, and report on projects, opportunities, and territory sales plans using Salesforce.com and other tools as needed
- Attend trade shows and conferences as needed
- Manage travel & entertainment expenses in a timely and efficient manner
- Profile and report on competitive market intelligence, including strengths and weakness. Consistently report VOC back to the BU product management teams to help drive Atkore Innovation initiatives
- Drive sales of new products from every Business Unit and ensure that the agents are trained and focused on ourInnovation initiatives.
- Assist in the evaluation and processing of field quality complaints and return
- Complete other projects, initiatives, duties and responsibilities as required
Bachelor's Degree required with 5 years related experience
- Must have a minimum 5-10 years of proven electrical industry or related experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office applications
- Must have experience working with electrical contractors and working knowledge of the NEC.
- Must be willing and able to work remotely and travel at least 80% of the time
- A strong electrical and / or mechanical technical background
- Experience within a sales orientated environment– electrical or specification sales
- A proven track record of succeeding against set targets
- Highly motivated with a strong customer focus and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of ourmission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manager and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!