Barnes Group Inc. – Barnes Aerospace Aftermarket has an exciting career opportunity available for a Technical Sales Manager. In this role, you will provide a mixture of Technical Support and New Business Development by developing competitive solutions and generating competitive proposals while serving as a technical liaison between our engineers and our customer’s engineers / buyers. This is an opportunity for an experienced aerospace engineer to transition into sales and expands his/her expertise to more directly support business growth initiatives. This position will be located at our West Chester, OH facility. This position reports to the VP Sales – MRO.
- Responsible to lead all sales efforts and provide customer and technical engineering advice on repair components for the aftermarket aerospace industry and to develop new business opportunities assigned customer accounts and bring significant opportunities to closure through the complete negotiation cycle with minimal oversight.
- Provide effective and timely technical/engineering support to internal and external customers to develop profitable business growth.
- Promote the global overhaul and repair capability of Barnes Aerospace with key customers working closely with technical departments to identify new opportunities for business growth.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Barnes Aerospace’s core competencies and competitors’ products to offer the most cost effective solution to the customer.
- Build, maintain and expand network of customer relationships, leveraging internal and external contacts.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” to the West Chester MRO leadership team proactively communicating issues, risks and opportunities as well as providing potential solutions.
- Review and track West Chester MRO metrics and provide detailed sales forecasts for quarterly planning. Report weekly and monthly updates of current Business and forecasted new programs.
- Create countermeasures when not meeting targets and track progress on such countermeasures.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven success in engineering with proven track record of delivery in safety critical sectors (e.g., Aerospace, Automotive etc.); aerospace overhaul and repair industry experiencepreferred.
- 2 years of technical sales experience in the aerospace industry, preferred.
- Experience with turbine engine operation and understanding; ability to read aerospace engineering drawings, manuals and an understanding of basic engineering principles.
- Understanding of the aerospace industry operations and repair processes.
- Impeccable integrity, strong influencing and negotiation skills; unparalleled focus on customer service and effectively able to interact with all levels within the organization and the customer’s organization.
- Results-oriented individual with a sense of urgency, diplomatic, well-organized and exhibits excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to lead quotation process and drive commercial excellence.
- Requiredtravel up to 50 to 75%.
- Bachelor's degreerequired in engineering or related field. MBA or advanced degreepreferred.